Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm in China Again...!?!

Hi Family and Friends!

Welcome to my new blog, one which will outline my life in the northeastern, coastal city of Dalian. To the Chinese, Dalian is considered as one of the most beautiful cities in the country that boasts of clean air and pretty beaches.  According to the China Daily in 2006, Dalian was rated as the #1 most livable city and is often compared to San Francisco or Seattle... I beg to differ but will admit that it is a small, charming city that I enjoy living in.

This past summer, I was presented with an opportunity from the Chinese Government to continue studying Mandarin for the next year.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was booking my flight ticket and packing my suitcases.  I have now been in Dalian for about 3 months and am really enjoying this new phase in my life.  I currently live on campus in the International Student Dorms with an entire room just for myself- yay!  All students in this building have roommates but I somehow lucked out and am roommate-free.  This means that my room has 2 sets of everything: 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 dressers, etc.  If anyone wants to come visit, I can promise a place to stay!  The room is comfortable enough although it makes my old dorm room in Fudan feel like a luxurious accommodation.  

I have class 5 days a week, starting at 8 AM everyday.  (This is very good in making me go to sleep early and waking up early.)  There are few Americans in my school which I really like because I can focus on making non-English speaking friends.  This semester's students are mainly composed of Koreans, Japanese, Russian, Belerusians (tiny country located near Russia), and Thai.  It's exciting to go back to school and attend class because I actually want to learn, not because I need a good grade.  As I am late in starting this blog, the postings may be a bit out of order.  Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!  

Happy to finally be writing this blog again,
Jac
宝玉

My new home away from home!






No comments:

Post a Comment