Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lost In Translation

Translations from Chinese to English (and vice-versa) can be a rather difficult  task and original meanings are often skewed or just lost.  As I've been in China, I've come across a few that either made me laugh or left me confused.  Regardless, they're a fun read and I'll continue to share as I discover :).  Enjoy!

We like to get crraaazy in here; please be safe when exiting.
Hugh Hefner has got  nothin' on you
Hmm.......yeaaaa.... still don't have a clue.

If I went in November, does that mean I'm a slacker?

We don't like it inside... but Outside!?
Now this just sounds plain nasty.

            
 It is 6:30 AM now in Shanghai and Marianna and I are lacing up on our backpacks and heading out to the airport, about to depart for MALAYSIA.  Malaysia, lovingly dubbed as Truly Asia, will be a melting pot of all of Southeast Asia including China, India, Malays, and other ethnic groups live harmoniously together.  We plan on backpacking for a month covering the north-east state of Panang, to the eastern island of Borneo and everything in between.  I will upload pictures and post so don't forget to swing by and check it out.

Happy Chinese New Year wishes from me to you!!
Jac

 

No comments:

Post a Comment